About Quickbooks Database Server Manager Update & Installation
If you’re using QuickBooks for a while, you might be a little familiar with QuickBooks database server manager. If you’ve not heard about it used, don’t worry, we’ll guide you every step of the way. By reading this article, you’ll know all the terms associated with it.
And you might ask, why would you need to know about it. Well, if you are a QuickBooks user, then you will encounter it in any stage of the working. If you want to use multiple users in QuickBooks, then you will need to install this tool on your computer.
QuickBooks database server manager is a useful tool to and extremely easy to set up. Today we will look at the installation, update, and setup of the tool in this post.
Let’s get started.
Use of QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Before going deep in the database server manager processes, let’s look at what it is used for. Basically, it is a tool that allows you to use multiple processes of QuickBooks. This tool is used to create the network data files for any company file on the host computer.
It also allows you to sync company files with multiple computers. It is one of the best features of this indigenously designed tool by intuit.
Use of QuickBooks database server manager –
- The main responsibility of this tool is to create the .ND file for any company file located on a host computer. However, you may need to install this tool for all versions installed on your computer.
- Yearly database service will run continuously in the background by loading every year’s database server manager.
- It also adds a new user to manage the QuickBooks software with ease.
How to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Follow these steps to install the tool on your computer to manage the QuickBooks software.
- First, you need to download the tool on your computer and then click on the installer to open it.
- Now, select the Next button and make sure your computer has an active internet connection to download the updates from the server. It there is no internet connection on your computer, then you have to click on the No button then click Next.
- Now, you need to close all other open programs on your computer and then select Next.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the license agreement and select the Next option.
- Now, you have to select the ‘Custom or Network’ option from the list.
- Now, you need to choose the purpose of installing the server manager on your computer.
- If you are planning to run QuickBooks software on this computer, then select ‘I’ll be using QB on this computer AND I’ll be storing.’
- If you are planning to store the data on this computer, then you have to select ‘I will NOT be using QuickBooks on this computer.’
- Now, click on the ‘yes’ button to allow access to QuickBooks installer.
- Type in your license number and product number for verification.
- Then, follow a few basic steps, and the server manager will be installed on your computer.
By following these steps, you will be able to install the server manager with ease.
Now, let’s look at how you can update the tool after the installation process is finished.
How to Update
To update the server manager on your computer, follow the complete steps.
- You have to go to QuickBooks server manager’s official page and click on the Update QuickBooks Desktop link.
- Then, you have to click on the Download the patch option for downloading the latest release.
- Install the patch with a few steps and then reboot the system to complete the installation process.
- After the update, you will receive a notification to update the company file. Go and change the details of the company file to be compatible with the current version of the tool.
- You will also be asked to create a backup because these updates can change the database structure.
You can create the backup by following a few simple steps, and then you should be able to open the company file with ease.
Set up and use QuickBooks Database server Manager
Here is how you can set up the company files required to configure the multi-user access on QuickBooks database server manager.
Configure Database Services –
- Type Services in the start menu and open it.
- Now, you need to locate ‘QuickbooksDBXX’ and double click on it to open properties.
- Now, choose the ‘stop service’ option and then change the Start-up type to Automatic.
- You also need to flip the switch to the Local system account from this account on the Log on tab.
- Now, go to the Recovery tab and change the drop-down choice to Restart the Service.
Scan Folder feature – You have to scan the computer for the company files to make sure they are running fine.
- Open installed programs on your computer and choose QuickBooks.
- Then, open QuickBooks database server manager and select Scan Folders and add the folders that have the company file.
After that, the company files will be configured for the multi-user access. So for more information about visit our portal Bankhours.today regularly.